Jesse H. Kibort
Address: 888 Colwell Building
123 North Third Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
- Founded Parker Daniels Kibort in 2017
- During the 2008-2014 housing crisis, he helped hundreds of residential homeowners stay in their homes and avoid foreclosure by their lenders, and in doing so, negotiated over $20 million of principal reductions and an affordable monthly payment which allowed his clients to stay in their home and make a payment they could afford in the long term.
Areas of Practice
- FINRA and SEC Investigations Defense
- Securities Litigation/Broker-Dealer Defense
- Shareholder Disputes/Business Divorce
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Land Use/Real Estate/Foreclosure Litigation
- Banking Litigation/Financial Services Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the District Eastern District of Missour
- University of Kansas: B.A. in Political (cum laude) — 2000
- Hamline University School of Law: J.D. — 2003
- Business Investor v. Business Owner (Client)–Vacated judgment against a business owner by an investor, and then defended the revived lawsuit resulting in an extremely favorable result.
- Commercial Tenant (Client) v. Commercial Landlord–Complete win for Client against its commercial landlord who tried to wrongfully terminate a long-term lease so the landlord could sell the building.
- Broker-Dealer v. Broker-Dealer (Client)–Successfully defended Client from accusations and threats of defamation, “poaching” and “raiding” from a competing Broker-Dealer.
- FINRA v. Financial Advisor and Broker-Dealer (Clients)–Successfully guided and defended Financial Advisor client through a FINRA investigation. FINRA dropped lawsuit and closed file.
- SEC v. Financial Advisor and Broker-Dealer (Clients)–Successfully guided and defended Financial Advisor client through an SEC investigation and lawsuit. SEC dropped lawsuit and closed file.
- Self-Storage Tenant (Plaintiff) v. Self-Storage Company (Defendant/Client)–Extremely favorable decision on Plaintiff’s claims of personal injury.
- Commercial Tenant (Client) v. Commercial Landlord–Extremely favorable result and win for Client against its commercial landlord who tried to wrongfully gouge client for year-end operating expenses.
- Self-Storage Tenants (Plaintiff) v. Self-Storage Company (Defendant/Client)–Obtained dismissal with prejudice on all Plaintiff’s claims of breach of contract and various torts.
- Self-Storage Tenants (Plaintiffs) v. Self-Storage Company (Defendant/Client)–Obtained summary judgment and dismissal with prejudice on all Plaintiffs’ claims of breach of contract and various torts.
- Broker-Dealer v. Broker-Dealer (Client)–Successfully guided and defended Broker-Dealer client from another Broker-Dealer’s accusations and threats of breach of non-compete and corporate theft, resulting in no action from the accusing Broker-Dealer.
- Financial Services Firm (employer) v. Financial Advisor (employee/Client) –Obtained an extremely favorable result for Client defending a claim by his former employer claiming Client owed over $500,000 on a loan to former employer. Client walked away paying $0 to the employer.
- Financial Advisor (employee) v. Financial Services Firm (former employer/Client)–Obtained a very favorable result for Client defending a claim by her former employer (a large financial services firm) which claimed employer/client owed over $900,000 on a loan to employer. Client walked away paying a fraction claimed due.
- Residential Mortgage Modification Agreements–Obtained extremely favorable mortgage modification agreements for numerous Clients from their large bank lenders.
- Large Bank v. Manufacturing Business (Client)– Successfully defended a claim brought by Client’s large business bank from a claim for fraud, breach of contract and collection of over $1MM outstanding loan amounts due.
- Financial Advisors and Brokers
- National and Local Broker-Dealers
- Financial Services Firms
- Hedge Funds
- Investment Banks
- Manufacturing Companies
- Local and National Commercial Construction Companies
- Local and National Self-Storage Companies
- Local and National Property Management Company
- Gas-Station Franchisees
- Real Estate Agencies
- Real Estate Developers
- Real Estate Investors
- Homeowners Associations
- Local and National Logistics Company
- International Toy Manufacturers
- National Online Food Retailer
- National Organic Food Manufacturer
- Local and National Commercial Cleaning Business;
- International Beverage Company
- Architecture Firms
- Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2020
- AV Preeminent Rating, by Martindale-Hubbell
- Gold Client Champion Rating, by Martindale-Hubbell
- Minnesota Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2013-2018
- “Excellent” rating by AVVO
- Member of the Twin Cities Benjamin Cardozo Society and Minneapolis Jewish Federation
- Twin Cities Benjamin Cardozo Society Steering Committee, 2012-2020
- Co-Chair — Twin Cities Benjamin Cardozo Society Dinner Committee – 2014-present.
- United States District Court’s Pro Se Project, 2008-2020
- Minnesota Legal Aid Clinic, 2005-2020
- VANTAGE for Minnetonka High School Advanced Professional Studies, 2019-2020
- Board Member– Oak Ridge Country Club – 2012-2018.