Address: 888 Colwell Building
123 North Third Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
- Litigation attorney whose practice includes jury trials, court trials, appeals, and alternate dispute resolution (ADR) procedures in state and federal court and before governmental agencies.
- Brown is a qualified arbitrator and mediator on the Minnesota Supreme Court Rule 114 Roster.
- Served as an independent hearing officer (adjunct administrative law judge) for due process educational hearings, as a commissioner in district court for eminent domain hearings, and as arbitrator/mediator in administrating settlements in a national class action lawsuit.
- Currently serves as a mediator, arbitrator and special master in a variety of litigated and non-litigated disputes, including tort, employment, construction, and commercial claims.
- Practiced with the Popham Haik law firm from 1971-1996, where he was active with the firm’s Minneapolis and Denver offices.
- Practiced with Bennett, Brown & McNeil, P.A. from 1996-1999.
- Worked at Smith Parker from 1999-2005.
Areas of Practice
- General personal injury
- Products liability
- Municipal and governmental law
- Civil rights
- Insurance coverage and defense
- Professional malpractice
- Toxic tort
- Intellectual property
- Commercial and general litigation
- S. Supreme Court
- S. Court of Claims
- S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- University of Minnesota: B.A. in Journalism
- University of Minnesota Law School (cum laude)
Publications & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Active arbitrator and mediator for the American Arbitration Association.
- Served as an adjunct lecturer at the University of Minnesota.
- Served for many years as a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association Civil Trial Certification Council.
- Served 2 years on the Board of Education of Benilde-St. Margaret’s School as Board Chair.
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association