Address: 888 Colwell Building
123 North Third Street
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
- Joined Parker Daniels Kibort in May 2023.
- Alex has a track record of success representing clients in various industries, including real estate, construction, finance, insurance, hospitality, telecom, sports, and retail. His primary expertise lies in advocating and advising for businesses involved in construction disputes, including contractors, subcontractors, owners, developers, and design professionals.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Real Estate
- State of Minnesota
- State of North Dakota
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., Political Science, 2012
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., 2016
- Article Submissions Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Best Brief, Legal Writing and Statutory Interpretation
- Honors, Legal Writing and Statutory Interpretation
- “A” Dean’s List
- Captain and Vice President of the Fighting Mondale’s ice hockey team
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of claims against general contractor of indoor water park for property damage exceeding $6 million arising from the collapse of the water park roof.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of personal injury claims against manufacturer of agriculture equipment which fell on plaintiff. A jury later found the other defendants were severally liable for damages exceeding $2.3 million.
- Obtained order for judgment as a matter of law on behalf of installer of HVAC unit at conciliation court trial of property damage dispute.
- Obtained trial court order staying arbitration, and appellate order affirming the stay, on adverse parties’ joint motion to compel arbitration based on three alleged agreements to arbitrate.
- Achieved successful resolutions in defense of professionals, including design professionals and physicians.
- Represented clients in multiple arbitrations.
- Resolved dozens of other personal injury and property damage disputes to the satisfaction of clients, including general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, restaurants, property managers, and operators of motor vehicles, equipment, and recreational facilities.
- Advised or assisted clients, including developers and contractors, in contract negotiations and revisions.
- Real Estate
Recognition & Honors
- ABA Forum on Construction Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Minnesota Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2022 and 2023
- Speaker, Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmerman Claim Academy: What Your Lawyer Wants You to Know About Managing Your Construction Litigation Risks, Minneapolis, MN, Nov. 6, 2019
- Issue-Spotting Construction Defect Litigation: Basic and Frequently Litigated CD Concepts, Bench & Bar Minn., Jan. 2018
Outside of practicing law, Alex loves animals and the arts, and is a youth ice hockey official. He is a proud donor to the Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy, Guthrie Theater, and Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul, and officiates hockey with Beltline Hockey Referee Association.